June 19, 2010

DIY Wall Art for the Kitchen

I needed something to go between my 2 plate racks. In our other house it used to be a window. We don't have a window in our kitchen now. Came up with this easy inexpensive DIY Wall Art.


What you need:
-3 shadow boxes
-Fabric (I got 13")
-Spoons or other kitchen utensils
-Dutch tape (and glue gun if desired)
-Command Picture Hanging Strips


I used frames that I had that I was't going to be able to hang as they were before, instead of shadow boxes. I had to do some adjustments to get them to work as shadow boxes. They are the Ikea Ribba frames (click for link).

First use the back of the frame or frame cardboard to measure how much fabric to cut. Leave allowance to wrap around. If there isn't cardboard or a frame insert you will need to cut one out.
Then use duct tape to secure to cardboard or insert.



Next you will attach your utensils to the fabric. You can use hot glue for this. I used duct tape so I can change out the utensils if I want.


Attach the utensils and place the whole piece in your shadow box. I used the Command Picture Hanging strips to hand the frames. They are wonderful because they don't have to be perfect to get them centered.

Voila! Great Wall Art



~Rachel~

6 comments:

lisal said...

so nice collection never seen before such rare things kitchen linens. thanks for sharing this information.best dishwasher detergent consumer reports

Suzane said...

An important functions of your kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to perform related tasks including dishwashing.how to unlock frigidaire oven

Selina Cook said...

A pretty important functions of one's kitchen are to store, prepare and cook food and to accomplish related tasks including dishwashing.best dishwasher detergent consumer reports

fox said...

This is a truly cool post. I love this kitchen. Totally the style would fit me.how to unlock frigidaire oven

fox said...

so pleasant assortment never seen such uncommon things kitchen cloths. much obliged for sharing this data.white and rodgers thermostat reset

Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks for sharing. I added some thoughts on Best Dishwasher sometime ago

Related Posts with Thumbnails